Christopher Caldwell is passionate about supporting positive change and innovation in the areas of organizational development, sustainability, and social responsibility. Chris brings ideas and strategy to information intelligence, team organization and reporting to executive level positions in corporations, government and not-for-profits. He received an Information Systems Management designation in 2002 from Ryerson University and qualified for project manager credentials from the Project Management Institute in 2011.
Chris’ skills include research and information gathering, performance analyses, strategy development, facilitation, adult education, policy development and report writing. He has demonstrated an ability to work effectively with boards, leaders, frontline staff and community members.
Chris has an exceptional capacity to translate theory and best practice into practical, implementable solutions. His skills and passion for people, potential, social and environmental innovation and familiarity with systems and sustainable development supported a range of projects including a carbon calculator for Peel Regional government working with community stakeholders; conducting environmental scans; performing market research, and development of strategy for the reduction of the operational footprint of Canada’s largest employment area around the Greater Toronto Area Airport and also technology transfer to the Indian Business Centre in Hyderabad through a CIDA funded project with the Ontario Centre for Environmental Technology Advancement (now BLOOM).
He earned his Environmental Studies graduate degree from York University (MES) in Urban Planning and Sustainability, completed a graduate diploma in ‘Business and Environment‘ from Schulich Business School and received a national award for research on Human Impacts on the Environment. Chris published his first work ‘Beyond Corporate Responsibility: The New Organizational Consciousness‘ in 2012-2013. The second edition is underway and will include leadership and organizational development as additional chapters. Look for the release in 2017.
Chris is currently pursuing Leadership, Adult Education and Organizational Development in the Masters of Education Program at the University of Toronto (MEd). Chris speaks widely on the topics of corporate well-being, communication and development, connectivity to social and environmental issues and devotes his spare time to volunteerism and the arts.
I enjoy working DIRECTLY with people. I want to see them succeed using the best of their talents. My assessments and strategies are always based on developing leadership capacity, good management and behavioral science research. My strength is coaching with people to build TRUST (Myers-Briggs ENFP).
I employ my expereince in analysis, organizational skills, people skills, leadership skills, and mapping process skills to assist in redesigning organizational structures to increase both productivity and accountability. Where there is an opportunity, I also assist the organization toward a socially responsible mandate.
First edition of Beyond Corporate Responsibility: The New Organizational Consciousness is available at Amazon
Experience and savvy includes:
- Expert performance metrics & business intelligence
- Information management & reporting for executive level decision-making
- Relationship building, communications and mapping processes
- Research and information gathering
- Conflict resolution/leadership/negotiations
- Assessing organizational effectiveness
- Socially responsible policies and programs
- Certified Rescue Diver
- Certified Wilderness First Aid
- Certified Teacher English as a Second Language
- Chris is hosting the Academic Planning Session at OISE Thursday Feb 9 By Christopher Caldwell on February 7, 2017 0
- New Podcast for Organizational Development in the Works By Christopher Caldwell on January 3, 2017 0
- Chris is the new Co-Chair for the University of Toronto, OISE Graduate Student Research Conference By Christopher Caldwell on November 22, 2016 0
- Workplace Change, Re-skilling and Re-education: Why We Chase the Carrot in Technology
- Conversational Intelligence – Why we need to practice the art of the conversation
- Impacts of the Internet on Business Strategy
- The Economy is about to Change – in a BIG way – here comes the Blockchain
- The Knowledge Economy: Trends and Impacts
- Chris is hosting the Academic Planning Session at OISE Thursday Feb 9
- Technology, design and benefits of use – are we making progress?
- Developing Trust in Virtual Work Environments – The New Decentralized Workplace
- Do We Determine Technology or Does Technology Determine Us? A Dystopic view of Utopia
- Technology and Work – Re-imagining Work Shifts in the Digital Revolution – RSA Animate