“A learning organization is one that learns continuously and transforms itself . . . . Learning is a continuous, strategically used process — integrated with and running parallel to work.”
Are you a learning organization? The most productive and dynamic organization type is the learning organization. Determine if your business is using learning to improve performance.
The DIMENSIONS OF THE LEARNING ORGANIZATION QUESTIONNAIRE(DLOQ) developed by Karen E. Watkins and Victoria J. Marsick is a quintessential tool for beginning an understanding of what is needed to move towards a Learning Organization.
Some steps to incorporate:
- Develop a learning committee
- 360 degree buy-in from management and staff
- Learning meetups, socials and Sharing meetings
- Communication plans and reviews to reflect and have dialogue
- Improve systems thinking
- Develop a Learning Team Leader to drive and motivate the process